AbodeBooking Limited (we or Abode) comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (NZ Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy and data protection laws when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
Your privacy is the top priority for Abode and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information when you use the Abode website (www.abodebooking.com) or our services.
If you are based in the European Union and use this website or our services, the additional terms in the addendum to this policy (GDPR Addendum) apply to you. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the NZ Privacy Act and other applicable laws. If you wish to seek further information on the NZ Privacy Act (www.privacy.org.nz).
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy. This policy was last updated on 30 September 2018.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect, hold and process two categories of personal information:
- Account and Marketing Data is personal information that we collect about you:
- in connection with the creation or administration of an Abode account
- if you ask to receive information about us or our services, including if you sign up to schedule a demo call
- when you contact us directly (e.g. telephone, email or through your user dashboard)
- when you visit the website.The Account and Marketing Data we collect may include company/personal names, usernames, phone numbers, email addresses, your location, information about how you use our website or services (for example, traffic volumes, time spent on pages), your IP address and/or other device identifying data, and other information required to provide a service or information you have requested from us.
- Customer Data is personal information that Abode’s customers (e.g. hotels) may collect from their customers (e.g. hotel guests using Abode’s products and services). This may include first and last names, email address, mobile phone number and travel information such as check in and check out dates and any special requests. We will not collect or process Customer Data except as provided in our agreements with our customers and we require our customers to comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Who do we collect your personal information from?
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website and our services, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone, email, meeting) or when you buy or use our services
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
When you visit or use our website or services, we may collect information about you:
- by recording clickstream data, which is information that is recorded when you click anywhere on the website, including the date and time of your access, time zone setting, information about your browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, the web pages you access and your IP address.
You may be asked to provide billing information when using the website or related services, including your billing address and credit card information.
How we use your personal information
We may use personal information provided directly by you:
- to provide the website and our products and services to you, including to provide technical support or information in relation to our products and services
- to verify your identity
- to market our products and services to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose). You can stop receiving our promotional emails or service related communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those communications or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- notify you about changes to the website or our products and services
- to improve the website and services that we provide to you
- to respond to communications from you.
We may use the information generated by your access and use of this website or our services:
- to monitor the performance of this website or our services and ensure that these perform in the best manner possible
- for security and system integrity purposes
- to tailor content or advertisements to you.
We may also use your personal information:
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you, the Act or other applicable law
- to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements
- to transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganisation or acquisition.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group for the purposes described in this policy
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or our products and services. Please see the GDPR Addendum for further information or the third party providers we use.
- our professional advisers e.g. accountants, lawyers
- any other person authorised by you
- any other company in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganisation or acquisition
We may also disclose research and statistical analysis on an anonymised basis derived from your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose personal information we hold about you if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with legal requirements or process
- protect our rights or property
- enforce this policy or any other agreement that we may have with you
Transfers of personal information
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand. Please see the GDPR Addendum for further information about personal data transfers from the European Economic Area.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to risks inherent in processing personal information including on device security of Abode computer software.
We encrypt any sensitive information that is transmitted via our website (such as credit card numbers) using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When credit card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete credit card details.
You can play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password used in relation to our products and services. Please do not disclose your password to third parties. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the NZ Privacy Act or other applicable law, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.